Spiced Almond Milk Recipe
What’s your favourite go-to breakfast? Porridge? Granola? Pancakes? A cup of tea on the side? Well, this Spiced Almond Milk recipe will be the perfect addition to your mornings! (plus you’ll get a nourishing body scrub out of this recipe too!)
Spiced Almond Milk Ingredients:
1 cup raw organic almonds soaked for 12 hours
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 cups filtered water
More filtered water to soak the almonds
Pinch of celtic sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
How to make Spiced Almond Milk:
- Place the nuts in a ceramic bowl or large glass jar, and cover with filtered water.
- Add the sea salt and apple cider vinegar, cover the container with a breathable kitchen towel, and allow to soak at room temperature for 12 hours.
- Drain, and discard the soaking liquid (do not use this to make the milk).
- Rinse the almonds several times to remove the anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors.
- Throw the rinsed almonds, water, and salt in your blender, and blend on high for 60 seconds, until the nuts are completely pulverized.
- Place a nut milk bag over a jar or jug. Pour the milk into the bag, twisting the bag closed, and gently squeezing it to pass the liquid through.
- Empty the almond pulp aside, don’t throw it out!
- You can add this to smoothies, pancakes or dehydrate it and add to your granola. You can even make it into a body scrub (see below!)
- Rinse your blender, pour the strained milk back in.
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg, blend again.
- Store the milk in a sealed jar for 3 days in the fridge.
How to make Almond body Scrub:
- Add some oil (coconut oil, jojoba or sweet almond) to your leftover almond pulp
- Add your favourite complimenting essential oil (perhaps orange or cinnamon)
- Use as a scrub in the shower or bath!
- Store in an airtight jar up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Enjoy healthier, great tasting water • Shop all our popular healthy water solutions here
Be Social • Follow us here: